Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First day of class

This class is certainly not what I expected it to be. I was under the impression that I was going to have some sort of play to read, or perhaps a monologue, and that I would then have to prepare it and perform. I am glad that we get to play games and that they pertain to the class. Today I learned the importance of committing to an action with the conducting game that we played, and also that even if you think you are directing a certain way people may not understand your meaning, and you can then adjust your action. I also saw how people act when they are in front of a group, especially if it is without a purpose. I know that I was fidgety before I started counting the lights in the room, and that others would laugh or play with their hands when they did not have a purpose. I imagine that purpose is something that adds interest to a scene, especially if there is no dialogue.

No comments: