Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First Day of Class

Today's class is one of the more interesting things I've done on a stage in quite a while. I felt that the exercises we did were very helpful. When we were standing around doing nothing and then having to count something I thought was a good learning tool. I know how it can be nervous having people stare at you. It's different in a studio theatre to, because people are right next to you. I think WhizBang and Tah Te helped me become more comfortable with the people in class. These little exercises helped me become more comfortable because it allowed me to do things I wouldn't normally do when first meeting people. I don't have a problem looking goofy because everyone else is going to have to do the same things. I'm looking forward to what the rest of the semester is going to bring.

1 comment:

cfunk said...

I totally agree with you. Both of the activites we did really made me feel more comfortable. I think both the activites made me realize that everyone is probably going to feel awkward at some point so I shouldn''t worry about it too much.